We met Boog, Tracey, and Marin at Choctaw, Mississippi for the first weekend of May. Uncle Greg and Aunt Sara got to babysit while the parents danced the night away. The golf course and hotel were beautiful. We enjoyed many "walkabouts" as Marin likes to say. She's sporting her new shiny pink Keds. The weather was beautiful, so we also spent time at the casino pool.
Tracey, Marin, and I headed back to Meridian while the boys played golf. Marin provided the entertainment during the short drive.
Greg's brother Brad and his family visited us the weekend of May 9. Kim is expecting their third child in July, so they wanted to travel while it's still possible. Zach and Carter are growing quickly, and loads of fun! Again we had beautiful weather. They enjoyed Friday at the zoo while Greg and I worked. On Saturday Kim and I celebrated Mother's Day with a girls' day at the Summit, a shopping center on the mountain with incredible views. We had a great lunch and did a little shopping. Greg and Brad took the boys to Vulcan Park, our god of steel landmark that over looks the city. The boys ran through the sprinkler in the afternoon, and then we went to Dreamland for ribs. (another "landmark") Needless to say, good sleep was had by all that night!
Now, getting closer to the present... Last weekend, May 16, we met our friends Matt, Felicia, and Lillian in Montgomery. We stayed at the brand new Renaissance hotel downtown. The adults went to a concert Friday night while Felicia's sister babysat Lillian. On Saturday Felicia and I had to make a morning trip to Target "to get sunscreen." Lillian has the girl's natural love of shoes, so we had a good time. We enjoyed the pool on the 11th floor overlooking the city. Again, another beautiful day in Alabama! I actually have a little tan going before summer!
I'll end this blog with two words - SCHOOL'S OUT!
2 comments:
You have been busy having lots of fun! Great pictures! Yeah - school's out! Have a great long weekend.
WOOHOO!!! School's out! School's out! Teachers' let the fools out!!
What a great month you've had! I love the picture of Greg and the little boys! Greg just looks like an older version of them -- not too much older, though!
Have fun with Mosey!
Post a Comment