Sunday, May 9, 2010

Life is Good!

(I left my camera at at school. I'll add some pictures soon.)
Happy Mother's Day to all of you incredible moms! Pele and Tina didn't get me anything; can you believe it? I will celebrate for my Godchildren and all of my incredible nieces and nephews. I know it's been forever since I posted (and spoke with many of you.) I mailed my National Board portfolios for the 2nd time April 11. It was easier this time -about 1/2 the work, but the last few weeks were about as time and brain-consuming. I know it's better than the 1st time, but still not a given. Once again, I'll be praying until November when I get the results. However, it didn't take long for end-of-year school to kick in. We've had lots of fun stuff going on, and everyone's doing the bitter-sweet countdown. The kids have 2 weeks (and 2 day), while I have 3 weeks. We visited the Jr. High for an orientation. That makes me sad - losing my kids! However, my new school is on the same campus, and it's looking like a real building - really 3! We'll have our own lunchroom and gym. Incredible. I'll have walk-in closet. Incredible. We'll have 2 computer labs. Incredible. As you can tell, I'm very excited. I'm not looking forward to moving a whole school, (yes, it's up to us to get it done), but it'll be worth it. I'm praying it'll be ready before August, but that may not happen. Greg's dad is here for a week. He picked a great time. Our weather has been typical spring, though hotter. The past few weeks it's been almost 90 many days, with bad storms on the weekends. However, this weekend we're getting a cool down - around 70. Really beautiful. Once national boards were done, I did yard work! I didn't procrastinate until summer, so my front beds are done. I laid the pine straw yesterday. I also have 2 topsy turvy tomato hangers. (purchased from the school book people) so I'll let you know if they work. The only definite summer plan that I have is my ticket booked to California after July 4th. YEAH!! I'm going solo to help with the newest Cronley boy - or probably entertain Marin. It was such a blessing to have them close for so long, but the separation is heart-breaking. I can't wait! We do plan on joining everyone in South Bend for November, but I have not made any reservations.

3 comments:

Woods Family said...

Yes! We can't wait to see everyone in November too! Thanks for the birthday wishes and hope to talk to you soon again!
Love
Patty

Tom & Tracey said...

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Michigan Palmers said...

Thanks for the update! Although I'm late (as usual) checking in. I am soooooo excited for November. It'll be here before we all know it. I'm assuming this means you won't be coming to MI for our 25th (sshhh, no comments from anyone)reunion?