Friday, July 16, 2010

Boog's July 2010



What's to say? I had an absolutely wonderous vacation in Camarillo, California (Mom's referring to it as Paradise). I feel so special to have been a part of Boog's family for the 1st half of Ben's life! (8 days) He is an incredible, beautiful miracle. Tracey is amazing and Marin is taking on the big sister role with flying colors (and song). Boog is beaming 24-7, and with good reason. I wish Mom (Skinny-Minny) and I overlapped more than just a couple days, but at least we had them.
You have to go visit! At first I thought "sunny California" was misleading, because the "June Gloom" stayed through my visit, but the last few days did not disappoint. I was able to see much of the area, and we took the scenic tour back to LAX along the PCH. (Pacific Coast Highway) Wow! We had incredible food thanks to Boog, Tracey, and then Mom. Marin had a birthday party while I was there also. One day, upon hearing sirens, Tracey got online and discovered a small forest fire had started very close by, as you can see from the smoke pictures. Marin and I watched the water planes and helicopter from the pool. They contained it with no damage to homes or people. A little excitement. Their house and neighborhood are glorious, very accommodating for guests! I could go on and on, but you just want to see the pictures anyway, right? I posted all 83 because I couldn't edit any out.
So now it's back to 100 degrees with high humidity and starting to work for the new school year. Our move to the new school is postponed indefinitely, but we hope that it happens before August. I start workshops and such Aug. 3, with students coming Aug 10 (I think).

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wonderful pictures! Sounds like a great visit. The Cronleys of UT can't wait to visit CA! So glad you were able to make the visit, Sara!

Michigan Palmers said...

What a fun time! I am glad you posted all the pics.