Thursday, November 6, 2008

2 Month Summary

I've neglected my blog for so long! I've been visiting yours, though. I'll keep it short and sweet. School is going great this year. The kids are great. It is definitely very busy with the added work and stress of the National Boards. It requires writing, videotaping, more writing, paperwork, etc. It sometimes feels like I'm doing too many things and none of them well. I'm sure that's just my perception, though. I get a lot of support from my colleagues, students, and family.

I've made time for lots of fun! The weekend of Oct. 10 was my New Orleans trip with Mosey, Kay, and 3 other SMC girls. As usual, I didn't take many pictures. It was pretty busy there and we did the usual - beignets at Cafe du Monde, French Market, a lot of walking, great food, Pat O's, and few other fine establishments with dancing. It was so great to be with them all.



I have been to visit Boog, Tracey, and Marin (or slight variations) every few weeks - not nearly enough! I crashed the annual Halloween bash in Meridian. The "Sex and the City" foursome (only 3 in the picture - Leea was already watching the 'Bama game) were a hit! I'm sure you remember the episode with the visiting Eskimo in the "not so obvious" costume I borrowed from a friend. We've enjoyed watching football and hanging out, with the entertainment mostly being my Goddaughter and her vocabulary. So much fun!
It turns out there's a little Sarah Palin is in all of us! (referring to the glasses)
Lastly, I am home early today (Thursday) because my jury duty is over. Unfortunately we were unable to agree on a verdict due to one man who could not be swayed. It was an interesting experience even if it did require WAY too much sitting around. I wouldn't want to be on their schedule on a regular basis - wow. The hour and 1/2 lunches were nice, but the wasted time wasn't. I was able to vote during that time on Tuesday, with much time to spare.

2 comments:

Michigan Palmers said...

Kay looks the same! How much fun is that??? Glad to hear from you. I better get my rear in gear and get something posted too.

Kelly said...

Great update -- you've been having lots of fun and working hard! Looking forward to seeing you in PC next month!