http://
These are my pictures. I only have pictures from Sat/Sun because I blew out the battery for my camera trying to recharge it. You'll see repeats in the daily entries.
Wow, where do I begin? We left Birmingham March 13 and returned March 20. Mosey flew by herself (sad) from Chicago as we could not work out combined travel. We were met by Sister Mary Hannah at the Rome airport and continued to go from there! I won't go step by step (right now). I cannot describe the incredibleness of everything that we saw. Rome is just a city intertwined with historical architecture, statues, fountains, art, and people. It is a marvel to walk around and just SEE everything. There is history EVERYWHERE! I think what amazed me most is that these features are just THERE. They ARE the city. You do not have to go to a certain part of town to see anything. An example is that the piazza where we changed buses and ate pizza with the nuns has the spot where the Roman Senate House was, where Julius Caesar was murdered. Sister Yvonne Mary mentioned casually over dinner that we should go see it on our way to another spot.
I will continue to write more detailed entries, and hopefully figure out the pictures!
1 comment:
Sara,
So glad that the boards are behind you and that you've had a bit of time to reflect on your trip.
Loved the pictures and can't wait to see more. I'd love to go back again.
Post a Comment