Between January and March 12 I spent many days getting up before 4:30 and going to school. Upon returning home, I would get on my computer almost until bedtime. Weekends were more of the same, without school to "interfere." After Rome, I had a few days to finish up, and I mailed the portfolios March 27. WHEW!!
National Board work required extras for my regular job, and then writing about it for the portfolios. In addition, gathering "evidence" of my teaching. It was a very busy, stressful time. This was the most difficult experience ever, professionally. I believe my personal and profession growth will show itself in the future in many ways. I am grateful to get back to my life and am slowly catching up. I have to take a 4 hour computerized test in June, but I am not worried about that right now. Unfortunately, we do not find out if we earn the certification until November. Remember, only 40% of candidates earn it in their first year, so I accept that I may have to redo parts of it. The good news is that I do not dread that. Most of the battle was understanding what to do, and I feel pretty good about that now. I just ran out of time once I figured it out, so my last weeks of working were dreadfully stressful!
No comments:
Post a Comment