Saturday, February 14, 2009

Boring update - better than e-mail?

Dearest Family, I love you!!! I'm feeling very loved with all of the wonderful birthday songs, phone calls, and cards. I replayed the kids singing multiple times!! I am so sorry that I am not talking to you! It's been a rough couple of weeks vocally. I only went a day or so without talking. National boards and writing workshop warrant speaking to my students. By the last group I can hardly do it. I'm also fighting a chest cold that makes it worse. Needless to say, by evening the phone is that last thing I want to try.
I'm afraid THursday was pretty typical. The kids were great, as usual. They always make me feel good! I met with my NB mentor after school, and didn't get home until after 6. Greg and I went to our Mexican restaurant. We look pretty bad as a couple when I can't talk. It's kind of funny, I guess. He even orders for me. People probably think I'm not allowed to speak or something. The waiters and owners know about my voice problem, at least.
We've had beautiful weather. It's raining today, but that's good for working! In case I haven't said, all of the writing and copying and "evidence" has to mailed by the end of March. My goal is to be done with all 4 portfolios before Rome. Then I'll have the 3 hour test, scheduled for June 4. I'll be very stressed this next month, but after that I should have a life again!
I'm making a short visit to the Boog family tomorrow, with computer in tow. Can't wait to see them! Maybe Marin can help me revise.
One month until Mom, Mosey, and I go to Rome!! I am so excited!
I love you all!!

3 comments:

Woods Family said...

Sara, We hope you had a great day on Thursday. You are really old now! We love you and pray for all your work to be a success!!!
Love
Patty

Brigid and Kyle said...

Very good to hear from you! Glad that you had a good day on Thursday. Prayers for all of your work and then, what a reward - ROME!
Love ya, Brigid

Michigan Palmers said...

She talked to me .. for about 2 seconds. Anyway, Happy Birthday my twin. I just know ALL your hard work will pay off.