Monday, January 17, 2011

New paint - and iced in!






t
The first picture is spring -the old color. The painting was quite a job - almost 2 months. Greg and Doug worked for almost 2 weeks on preparation, then it was up to us. I was only a weekend warrior, so probably painted a total of about 6 days, while Greg did the rest himself. It was a coat of primer everywhere and 2 coats of paint everywhere. Boy, do we have a lot of trim work, especially with the overhangs all around the house. I am very happy with the result, but I would have done a bit darker on the doors. (I got outvoted.) It is garnet red, and I chose more of a maroon - almost plum.
And, yes, Greg is using a garden shovel on the driveway. Snow was not the problem; it was ice with temperatures hovering around and below freezing for 5 days, causing the problems. (no salting or plowing available, just some sand on overpasses)

5 comments:

Michigan Palmers said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Tracey said...

Wow! It looks great!! When I saw the first pic I thought to myself, well.....it doesn't look that different..
then I scrolled down and saw the next pictures --- it looks GREAT!! Hope you guys are having warmer temps. It's 80 here today and not a cloud in the sky -- wish you could be here to enjoy it with us!

Woods Family said...

Welcome to our kind of weather. Lets see we haven't had above freezing in at least two weeks.
Your house looks absolutely fabulous!!! I love all the pictures! It really makes the brick look sharp! We are enjoying 30 degrees today and maybe rain this week!
Love
Patty

Brigid and Kyle said...

Strange weather! Not that we haven't had snow & ice already, but today it's just raining and 35 degrees. You get our winter and we get yours! I think we are the winners in that exchange!

Love your house colors.

Kelly said...

Excellent job on the house! What a big undertaking, but I'm sure you feel proud every time you pull in the driveway. Love the pic of Greg "shoveling" the driveway! Hope you are back to work in your own classroom now.