Since Mosey's departure, I have created an enviable (to some) routine for myself. I enjoy morning coffee and news, and long walks with the dogs. I work out at the gym for an hour or so. Then I work out in the yard for a few hours. I am cutting, pulling, digging, raking, planting, replanting, watering, and SWEATING PROFUSELY! I've been blessed with decent weather; it's only hit 90's one day. We've also received a good bit of rain. My goal is to have our front gardens, porch garden, side garden, and maybe even the back area looking good for Mom, John, and Ann. It's very rewarding and I enjoy the encounters with nature. I haven't seen any snakes yet, but I know they're there. I did have a large, black spider crawling up my arm when I moved some big rocks. Yikes! I didn't get a picture of him/her; sorry.
(plural of tomato - e or not? excuse my brain freeze)
I didn't take a picture of the "wild" area before clearing, but you can see where I've cleared only half of that garden area in the first picture.
Ok, so I have to be honest. The last picture with the green tomatos...I bought that separately as it was marked down. They didn't grow that fast...
- buying baby tomato plants & cages- 1/2 hour
- clearing the garden area of monkey grass, day lilies (moved), multiple vines, and other various weeds - 3 hours
- moving the soil and removing roots of previously stated greens - 2 hours
- adding/mixing compost into soil - 1/2 hour
- digging holes where I don't hit rock (remember - on the mountain) - 15 minutes
- planting - 15 minutes
- enjoying tomatos in the future?- priceless or should I state "timeless"! (although at one point I uttered the words "I should have just gone to Publix")
2 comments:
The tomatoes will be well worth it! Save some for me!
I am envious of your routine! I'd love to grow vegetables someday, but I think our selection of what grows here is limited (esp since we are expecting snow tonight!). I may have to twist your arm to come help me!
Post a Comment